Fish in a Barrel is a practice game that helps players improve their passing and kicking skills.
- Divide players into at least 2 teams
- Place several cones in the center circle or other large circle
- Players continuously kick the ball through the circle and attempt to score by knocking over the cones inside the circle
- Whichever player takes control of the ball once it has passed through the circle plays the next shot.
- Play until all cones are knocked down
- Players cannot enter the circle
- If the ball comes to rest inside the circle allow one player to retrieve the ball and continue
- The team that knocks down the most cones wins
- Have teams play defense against each other (both teams must still remain outside the circle)
- Add or remove “target: cones
- Specify how players must pass/shoot
- Left foot only, push pass only, etc.