I coach 9 year old girls. What can I do with my team to celebrate a good year? Any ideas?
Here are a few ideas that might work for you:
- Take them to pizza.
- If you have a Chuck E Cheese’s or something like that in your area, that’s even better because they’ll have fun beyond the food.
- If you live near a MLS team in your area, think about taking your team to a game. If those are not available near you, look into a USL game.
- This is great fun for the kids and the parents alike, and also gives the kids a chance to learn by watching the professionals (try not to “coach” while you’re there, let them learn on their own – remember, this is supposed to be a fun experience)
- Most (if not all) of those teams offer group discounts. The only drawback is that even with the discount, these games can sometimes be expensive and usually require a good deal of planning.
- We once took our club team to a Galaxy game, and it even included a “high five line“. The kids got to high five David Beckham and Landon Donovan, so they loved it – and the moms were all jealous!
- Take them to play laser tag. We have an indoor arena near us, and it is always a favorite with the kids.
- Have a BBQ at a local park.
- Schedule a parents vs. kids match.
- Have a swim party at someone’s house.
- Have a team sleepover.
- Make sure you have enough space – ask other parents if your house will not suffice
- Make sure other parents are able to stay the night as well to help chaperon.