3v3v3 is a small-sided game, that forces players to think about both attacking and defending at the same time.
- Use an area of about 1/2 of a normal sized field.
- ssign 3 teams of 3 players with 2 neutral goal keepers.
- Game is played as a normal game with no offside.
- Teams can score in either goal.
- If ball goes out, coach/server immediately sends a new ball in.
Variations and Progressions
- Add additional balls.
- Require players to “clear” ball (a certain distance or a given number of passes) before shooting again after a missed attempt by another team.
- Periodically combine teams for 6v3 mismatches
- This game can also be played as 4v4v4